This picture is from about a week ago. Since then I've added a few more rows to the moon. I'm loving the specialty stitches in this project. So far it's just smyrna crosses for the roof and satin stitches for the windows and door, but they are a nice change of pace and really add a lot to the design. One of the things I particularly like about this project is that it calls for a mix of overdyed threads and plain old DMC. It's refreshing! I like DMC.
I worked on My Home Town during the last two weekends. I was able to combine the SAL with the Friends Gather Stitch-A-Thon last weekend. Sneaky, huh? I made good progress. Here's a picture from last weekend. I'll post my latest progress picture later this week.
I'm behind in my blog reading, and I must confess that for the past two weeks I've done very little commenting. That trend is likely to continue, as I have a busy week planned. I hope to get back to a normal blog reading schedule in June. Whatever normal is.
It looks like I've been tagged no less than four times for the 8 Random Things list. Am I a wet blanket or what? My most humble apologies to the taggers, Melissa, Georgie, Lene and Stitching Cat . Clearly I am the very worst tagee. (The word "tagee" is generally only used by graduates of MSU. I'm just saying.) It's probably best to expunge me from your tag lists. I agonized for the longest time over the Weird Things list and honestly I seem to have a hard enough time getting here to write about my stitching, moreless coming up with lists. No matter how fun they may be. I'm really very sorry! Here is a quick, off the top of my head Random Things list, sans the intro at the beginning and tagging at the end.
- I love breakfast foods, but I rarely eat breakfast. I'm more likely to eat breakfast foods for dinner.
- My car gets good gas mileage, and I generally only have to fill my gas tank once per month. Given the current price of gasoline, this is a real blessing.
- I've worked for two software companies.
- My brothers are twins.
- I like to wear a watch and sometimes earrings but otherwise I don't wear jewelry.
- Don Diamont (aka Brad on The Young and the Restless) briefly dated a friend of mine and was a guest at the wedding when I married Beavis (aka my first husband.) This was during the Dark Ages (also known as the early 1980's) just a year or two before Don was on Days of Our Lives.
- It has been almost 2 years since I quit smoking. Now if I could just quit eating...
- My favorite beverage is water.
So there you have it, 8 Random Things. I think I better declare Toadlilyville a "tag-free zone." I don't want to hurt any feelings.
Edited June 9, 2007 to add Stitching Cat's name to the list of taggers. Apologies to Stitching Cat for the delay!