I have four finishes to report!
The first is a surprise project. I don't think I've mentioned it at all. It has been my car project for almost a month, but lately I've spent most of my car time in the driver's seat. I had the chance to work on it last Wednesday and finished it! The design is called We Gather Together by Cedar Hill Designs.
I decided to make it BIG, and stitched it over two on 18 count fabric. You don't really get the proper perspective from the picture. The design called for 3 colors. I changed the colors to overdyeds, using Copper and Sable Watercolours and Onyx perle Weeks. I was afraid the acorns would look funny, but I'm thrilled with the way it turned out. Eventually this will be framed and hang in the dining area of my kitchen.
My next finish is the SusieQ Designs Alphabet Sampler. All I had left was the over one alphabet. I was afraid I wouldn't get it centered correctly, so check out what I did -
I made both lines of the alphabet off-center. How's that for mud in the eye? They are balanced in an off kilter sort of way. Works for me! I really enjoyed this project. I have another SusieQ Design, it is a ruler case. You will see it eventually because it is in the Move It Out Monday bag.
I didn't have much left to finish on the Birds of a Feather Notebook Sampler so I finished it as well. In the end I stuck to just two colors, Crimson and Buttermilk. I love the way it turned out!
I discovered a small butterfly on the chart that is meant for the back of the notebook. How cute is that? The notebook cover is so well made, I am going to share several pictures of it so you can see how it is constructed.
It even came with the little memo sized notebook.
This is without the notebook. You can see how nicely it is lined. Let me tell you, it was a real challenge to stitch with that lining in the way!
Just when you thought everything I stitch is on boring basic brown linen, here is my last finish - a cute design from Needle Nutz. The fabric is a pretty pink and the colors are vibrant and fun.
The kit for this design by Meg Seddon was a gift from the shop to a group of stitcher from the Cross Stitch Corner BB. We gathered in Denver in October of 2000, with a side trip to Colorado Springs to visit the shop. The kits were very nicely done, with silk floss and quality fabric. I started this in August of 2005 as part of the original MIOM and finished it that December. Unfortunately I wasn't crazy about the verse on the original design so I ripped it out and then the project sat in the MIOM bag until Sunday. I needed to fill in the empty bands, so I decided to use the colors from the band of mini skeins and just reverse the order of the specialty stitch bands. It worked like a charm and I think it looks great. I'm not sure if I want to frame it, make it into a pillow or perhaps a needleroll.
That concludes my finishes report. With four finishes in less than a week, I'm not sure that starting a new project every Monday is enough! Maybe I should start several....NAH!