Saturday, August 13, 2005

Let the Happy Dancing Begin!

It is finally finished! I really wondered there for a while. I discovered 3 green stitches were missing in the flower pot so I had to go back and fill them in. Then the flower stems gave me fits. I *really* dislike backstitching! While fixing the stems I noticed the bows attaching the initials to the trowel and flower pot were also in need of repair. I told Mark that I need a remedial backstitching class. He chuckled, bless his heart. At long last I had nothing left but the knots in the flowers. I tried colonial knots and couldn't remember how to do them. Instead of pulling out a reference I switched to French knots. Big mistake. After stitching them all I decided they stunk and frogged them out. I pulled out my beads but then decided I really didn't want beads on this project. Then I did what I should have done from the very beginning - I pulled out my colonial knot instructions. I have just one word for you...DUH! The knots still aren't perfect but they are plenty good enough for me. Happy dancing all the way to the cedar chest with this one!













My next project should be TdF but I think I'll work on my Sheepish Design freebie "Baby Alphabet" for a while instead. It is an old MIOM project and I'd love to finish it sometime soon...

5 comments:

Kiwi Jo said...

congratulations on your finish and conquering the Colonial knots! I love the colors in this piece.

Lelia said...

Woot! Doin' the Happy Dance with you. I haven't mastered the colonial knot .... I just don't get them. Way to go ; )

Nicki said...

Love this piece! Congratulations - it looks great :-)

KarenV said...

Congratulations Chelle - it's a really cute piece!

BeckySC said...

Congrats on your finish and I am SO happy to hear you are feeling better :)