Monday, July 18, 2005

Two Finishes and MIOM

I have two happy dances to report. My zipper is finished - including the button. This is Bent Creek's Sow Kind Seeds Zipper.















My second finish is Part 11 of Terre de France. When next month's part is stitched I will be half done. I think a party is in order!















I started my Move It Out Monday project on Sunday. I'm stitching La-D-Da's Bless This House over 2 on Cork linen. It is like a Zipper! I changed all of the fibers to perle cottons. This was a real challenge, because the design is charted for Sampler Threads. I found good Weeks matches for most of them and chose Caron threads (Watercolours, I think) for the rest. Heather (the Me of Mom & Me) and my friend Linda from Violet Threads helped me choose the linen and floss. Thanks you two - I owe you! I absolutely love the way it is turning out. Here is my progress as of Sunday:















I took this picture outside - it shows the true colors of the floss but really washes out the fabric color. The fabric is much darker.

That's all for now. Hopefully more tomorrow!

1 comment:

Lelia said...

Your projects are beautiful! I'm going to ponder getting something out of my closet every Monday (after the children are back in school) and see if I can get more accomplished. Right now, seems I have a bunch of stuff going & don't seem to FINISH FINISH them until the fair rolls around ...