Saturday, May 21, 2005

May Finishes

So far this month I've finished La-D-Da's Marion the Librarian (aka Pencil-neck Marion and the Rat-faced Cat!) and Paula Bernhardt's design. I've been calling Paula's design "ABC Pendant" - I'm not sure what the real name is!

I really like the way Marion turned out. The colors are yummy, although I'm not sure the dye lot of R&R Sheep's Straw was quite right. I guess the colors could have a little more "pop" but overall I think it looks great.



The ABC Pendant is tiny. It fits in a tiny frame charm and can be worn as a necklace. I'm more inclined to make mine into a pin. It is stitched on 40 ct fabric over one. If I ever stitch it again (I'd like to, and change the colors...) I will just use half stitches instead of full crosses. I think the stitches look a bit bulky. It could also be my technique. I'm happy with it, just need to get it into the tiny frame. I'm afraid to put it to rest in the cedar chest. It is so tiny, it might get lost!


I should have Terre de France Part 9 finished before the end of the month. I'll post a pic when it is finished.

No comments: