Sunday, May 01, 2005

Finishes! I have finishes!

I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since my last note. Time sure flies!

It is already the first day of May and I haven't talked about all of my April finishes.

I finished Part 8 of Terre de France on April 21. What fun! I added the date we spent in Paris under the pyramid. It was a fun stitch. Can't wait to see what is included in Part 9!




While visiting with Mom last week I finished the over-one ornament I was working on, Partridge in a Pear Tree by Threads of Gold. Personally, I think the colors are wonky - but it was so much fun to stitch over-one that I don't care about the colors at all! The official finish date is April 26, 2005. Into the cedar chest it goes!



Other progress:

I've been working on Marion the Librarian. (Renamed "Pencil-neck Marion and the Rat-faced Cat"!) I really love this design and the colors. For the longest time the only color on the fabric was Grecian Gold. With the addition of several more colors, it is really starting to pop. I need to finish the tree, 2 birds, the motifs in the upper left corner plus the border and words. I'm still not sure how I'm going to squeeze my initials in where the designer has hers, but I'll figure something out.

No progress to speak of on MHT. I think when Marion is finished MHT will be my focus project. (Unless something else screams *really* loud!)

Today I stitched a bit on the Chicken Flatbed Zippie. It is so small and going so quickly. With three stitching meetings to attend this month, I should be able to count it as a May finish. But then, that's counting my stitches before they are...ummm...errr...stitched.

New Project:

Mom and I thought of a great wedding present for Anna and Justin, and it includes a bit of stitching! (Imagine that!) Shhhhh...no clues here for now, but I need to get busy choosing a small design. Hmmmm...

No comments: