Monday, November 28, 2011

A Few Framed Finishes

I can't believe it has been so long since my last blog entry.  I took a class this fall and that has cut down on my free time.  I guess I spent my free time stitching instead of blogging.

Over the summer I took several finishes to Stitcher's Station for framing and they did a fantastic job, as usual.  I took the framed pieces traveling with me over Thanksgiving weekend and my Dad took some really great pictures of them for me.  Thanks Dad!

This is Bountiful Acorns, a Sweetheart Tree needleroll design.  I love how it looks framed!
This is a French freebie (Quaker a 6 Mains, I think)  from the dim and distant past that took me approximately 1 million years to finish.  It was tough to find a frame that looked right.  Maybe it is the chocolate color of the fabric?  It is difficult to tell from the photo, but the frame has a bit of a sheen, almost a mother-of-pearl look.  Love it!
I turned this BOAF Happy Hearts design into a family sampler, and the frame is perfect for it.
At long last, My Home Town by CHS is framed.  I can't believe how the dark frame enhances the stitching.  I am really happy with how this turned out!
Other than the framing, stitching is going along pretty much as planned.  I will never get all of my Crazy January Challenge projects finished this year, but I knew from the beginning that for me it was more about getting things started rather than getting things finished. 

I just took a peak at my last blog post to see where I left off.  I am still stitching on the Samsarah stockings while I work.  I finished the reindeer and I am currently on stocking #3, the cups of cocoa.   I decided to stitch the border on Comfort and Joy by Blue Ribbon Designs, and it looks really good.  (The chart is up for grabs, if anyone is interested.) 

I made a muddle of the finishing for the Windows of Faith, Hope and Peace ornament but since we were exchanging ornament kits and not the ornaments themselves, I was saved from complete humiliation.  Mostly.  I finished Birdy Birdy by Sheepish Designs, and it is at Stitcher's Station for framing.

I have also started several other projects along the way, including a JBW for a friend with a new grandbaby and Aury's Reindeer X-mess.

That's about it!  I am hoping with my class almost over I can sneak in one more (or maybe two!) blog posts before the end of the year.  I would love to get some pictures of the finishes I mentioned above. 

Any rumors out there about what the crazy challenges will be this year?  I may need to participate in a WIP finishing challenge this time around.  I have way too many large projects in my stitching basket.

7 comments:

valerie said...

Great framing! I really like that Sweetheart Tree design framed vs. finished as a needleroll!

Cathy B said...

Hi Chelle, you picked out some great looking frames! My favorite is the frame used for BOAF Happy Hearts - love those little medallions in the corner.

As for the crazy challenge, I didn't complete all 15 pieces either, but I never really thought I would. For me, it's all about having fun. And I did have fun! Hope you did too!

Anna van Schurman said...

I have links to four of the challenges for 2012 on this post.

Sharon said...

Chelle, your framing looks fantastic. I love the BOAF-truly gorgeous. I also like the fact that you made it a family sampler even more. Nice to see you post! You have to show us your stockings.

Lelia said...

Your projects are wonderful! Excellent frame choices. Enjoy the holidays : )

Karoline said...

Great framing, they all look lovely

Linen Stitcher said...

Hey there, you! Glad to see your post!! Even "gladder" to be reading it, since I haven't been able to do much of that lately. LOVE your finishes!! Didn't we start the BOAF as a stitchalong at some point? I can't quite remember, but congrats on finishing it, and I love your personalization of it, especially the heart with the name at the top center. Wonderful touch! And look at you, finishing "My Home Town." Really?!? That one is HUGE.

Great to hear an update from your corner of the world. I look forward (as always) to more in the future and pictures of all of your finishes!