Monday, February 07, 2011

Look Mom, No Backstitching

Other than my work project ("Sugarplum") I have been working exclusively on "Sweet Pea Sampler" by The Needle's Notion.  When I started it in January I had 2 rows of cream stitched across the little girl's apron.  Now she is finished except for the backstitching. 
Isn't she cute?  I've been on a roll and literally could not stop.  There is a lot more to this sampler, so I'm nowhere near done.  This felt like a good stopping point.  I should have done the backstitching as I went along.  Later I will regret this.  Whining is inevitable.  Keep your ear plugs handy.

2 comments:

Linen Stitcher said...

Or you could do what I do and just avoid any designs with backstitching. (And now you know why I love primitive designs so much!)

I just LOVE how productive you've been with your stitching and blogging lately. I've been productive with the first (hooray!) but not the second (boo!).

You go, girl!!

barbara said...

What a sweet, nostalgic design! I always wait with the backstitching till the end, too. ;)