Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Cadbury's Playpen

At long last I am checking in. We are settling into our new home. Moving is a challenge, but I love it here! Last night Mark connected my computer and now I feel the need to blog. I've been away for too long! Normally I try to keep my blogging on the stitching path, but since I haven't stitched for a week I thought maybe I'd share a bit of my new backyard. All pictures were taken this morning.

This is my backyard.














The brown building is a potting shed made of old barn boards. I love it, but Mark is not impressed with the way it is constructed. The flower box needs to be fixed, but otherwise I want to try it out for a season or two before Mark intervenes. The blue playhouse was built by the original owner for his daughters. The previous owners used it as a dog house. We don't have children or pets, so right now our lawnmower lives there. The playhouse is well constructed with a real shingle roof. We are going to remove the pen on the right side.

In the foreground is a flowerbed that I call Cadbury's Playpen. There is a baby rabbit that lives under the deck and I've only seen him in this particular flowerbed. With Easter on the way, what could I name him but Cadbury? He came out this morning to nibble the flowers and have his picture taken.














Can you see him? Here is a close-up.















There are several flowers blooming. Everything is a mystery to me until it blooms! I have no idea what the previous owner planted. It is a fun surprise!




























I hope to get back to my stitching very soon. I wanted to start the Bunnies in the Garden SAL on April 1st with the Stitching Smalls group at Yahoo but I still don't have my stitching toys unpacked. I'll have to play catch up!

13 comments:

Sylvie said...

Aww the bunny is so cute!

Barbara said...

Wow, what a great backyard! And Cadbury is an adorable addition.

Lelia said...

oh how cute! An new backyard with the Easter Bunny : ) LOL

Enjoy your new home.

Nicki said...

It looks lovely! How great to have a new garden complete with bunny. :)

Cathy said...

Glad to hear that you are settling into your new home. Cadbury is a cutie!

Susan said...

Hope you have lots of happiness in your new home, and Cadbury is adorable!

KarenV said...

Glad that the move went well! That bunny is so cute and your backyard looks wonderful!

Gina E. said...

Welcome back - great to see you blogging again! What a lovely little critter to have in your yard; they are considered vermin here in Oz, but I still think they are cute. Look forward to seeing some piccies of your new home (apart from the yard I mean!)

cathymk said...

Glad to see you back!! Your new backyard is wonderful.
I haven't started on the SAL yet either. We can play catchup together!

Jenna said...

Your new backyard looks wonderful! The bunny looks like a sweetie; I hope he sticks around for you. :) Nice to see you blogging again!

Tessa said...

Welcome back Chelle
Cadbury is very sweet - I hope he doesn't eat your flowers before you have worked out what they are!!!

Patti said...

Happy new home Chelle! Your yard is lovely and I'm sure you will enjoy it a lot as spring and summer progress.

Carol said...

Love your little Cadbury :-) The pink flowers are hyacinths, and the tiny purple ones are grape hyacinths - good solid perennials for your new home :-)