Thursday, October 27, 2005

SBQ for October

Good grief, when did I get a whole month behind with SBQ? Time to catch up!

For October 6:
When you have almost finished a pattern and start thinking about the next one to stitch, how do you select it? (a list, most recent purchase, etc.)

I keep a list of projects I want to stitch. My "must stitch" list has three categories. The first category is for projects that are fully kitted up and ready to go. These are in their own project bag with everything ready to start. The second category is a list of projects I want to start - but it is just a list. I usually have the chart and supplies but I don't have it pulled together in one location. The third category is a very fluid list. Projects move on and off this list frequently. Sometimes they get "bumped up" to kitted status and sometimes they drop off the list completely. When I'm ready to start something new I look at all three lists and see which project "calls" to me. The project that screams the loudest gets started next...and moved to my list of starts. As you can see, my stitching world is full of lists. I love lists!

For October 12:
How do you `non-hoopists' who use a rotation system handle it (as it seems to be lot easier if you are in good terms with hoop)? Do you have several scroll frames? Do you use Q-snaps or maybe something completely different? Or do you just have one or two big projects and others are small enough to be kept in hand while stitching?

I use Q-snaps and a screaming rotation. I have lots of Q-snaps. You might say I'm addicted to them! There is no such thing as too many Q-snaps. I love Q-snaps!

For October 19:
Do you mark or hi-lite your patterns or can you follow them without any markings? Do you make copies to mark up, or do you mark originals?

I don't mark my charts. I find that the designs I enjoy are relatively simple to follow and I don't usually have distractions during my stitching time. I like to keep my original charts in good condition so I make a working copy. Sometimes I will fold the working copy so my focus is just on the area I am stitching.

For October 26:
Have you ever stitched something as a gift and later realized that receiver doesn't respect your stitched gift a bit (for example it's never on show, or you have other reason to suspect that it may even be nonexistent or at least placed in some dark storage room corner)? If so, what have you done? If you've been lucky enough to avoid such people what would you do if it'd happen to you?

Yes, this has happened to me. It used to bother me, but recently my view of this has changed. Stitching is my hobby. It is how I choose to spend my time. I am going to stitch. If I choose to give it as a gift, that is my choice. I have no control over anyone but myself. I hope the recipient will like my gift, but if they don't what can they do? If I buy them a toaster they can return it. Returning a stitched gift is awkward! I want to give my stitching away with no strings attached. Fewer heart breaks for me!

That covers the SBQ for October. Whoosh! Thanks for the comments on my blog. I need to respond to some of you individually. Soon, I hope!

No comments: