Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Musings from Monday, Tales from Tuesday

Yesterday was a busy day. Ginger came over to stitch and we decided to run to Mom & Me. (Yes, I was just there on Saturday - am I bad or what?) I bought fabric for the MIOM Homespun Elegance project that had the wrong size fabric in it. It is now ready to go. I asked about the shop model that Linda and I like so well. It is Autumn Bouquet by Blackbird Designs. The model stitcher was there working so I was able to ask her about it. She left off the alphabet and several motifs. No wonder I couldn't figure out which chart it was! Ha! Of course, I had to buy the chart. I also bought Goode Huswife's A Quaker Four Corner Sampler. Neat chart! I found a Thistle Threads design called Though Far We Be in the sale room for 1/2 price. It is very "me" and includes instructions for making it into a stationary keep. Way kewl. After stashing we went to Martha's Tea Room for lunch. The food was delicious as usual.

Yesterday was also MIOM. I started Antique Sampler Accent by Periwinkle Promises. Ooh-la-la, I do love those AVAS silks! I'm already half way through the 3rd band - I just couldn't put it down. I'm looking forward to finishing it into a pillow.

Legacy is having a contest so this morning I worked on designing a fall sampler. I think my designing skills are "iffy" at best, but I sure had fun with it. If I can figure out a way to save what I've done so far, I might just enter the contest. The design needs some work and I'm not convinced the colors are anywhere close to what I want. We'll see!

This is Tuesday so tonight I will be stitching on TdF. Obviously I didn't get it finished over the weekend. I doubt if I can finish it tonight, but I should be able to get quite a bit done. Stitching plans for the rest of the week? I want to finish the leaves in the tree on MHT. I want to finish the Sow Kind Seeds Zipper. I want to work on several of my previously started MIOM projects. I would love to finish a few of them this month!

No comments: