Monday, March 21, 2005

The Maiden Voyage

Hello! I didn't intend to start a blog today, but here I am. Instead of including a lot of information about who I am or what my purpose is, I'm just going to jump in and talk about my favorite subject - needlework!

Right now I have several WIPs.
  • I am "caught up" on Annick Abrial's marquoir, Terre de France. I can't wait for the next part to be released in April. I am stitching on 32 ct Spun Silver Permin linen over two with two strands of DMC 310. I love how it is turning out.
  • Last night I started Carriage House Sampling's design My Home Town. I am stitching on 40 ct. Lambswool linen with one strand of DMC over two. This is my first project on 40 ct fabric, and I love it! I started in the center. My goal is to finish it this year. If I am able to complete 1/3 of a page per month, I should be finished in December. I'm not sure if 1/3 page per month is realistic. Time will tell!
  • I am stitching La-D-Da's Marion the Librarian on 35 ct R&R Sheep's Straw with overdyed threads, one strand over two. I am currently working on the skirt, and almost have it finished.
  • My current Zipper is Spring. This is my "to go" project. It is about 3/4 finished. I always have a Zipper in the works.

I have a stack of projects kitted up, ready and waiting for the first stitch. I want to make more progress on MHT before I start anything else. I'm itching to start Brightneedle's Can You Spy? over one, Barrick's Acorn and Threads and Beardie's Marken.

My most recent finish is Brightneedle's Sweet Winter.

That is all for now!