Monday, August 06, 2012

Smoke Flower

I finished "Smoke Flower" by Prairie Moon.  It is stitched on 32 count Mockingbird with the floss called for, mostly Weeks.
I love how it turned out!  The fabric is very striking in person.  It isn't what the design calls for, but I couldn't ask for a better substitute.

"Smoke Flower" is the companion to "Chimney Flower," which I stitched in 2004.  Here is a picture. 
The design is similar, but of course the colors are dramatically different.  These were fun designs to stitch!

I started "Death by Candy Corn" by The Scarlett House.  It will be a gift so I'm in a hurry to get it finished.  I don't have much to show yet, so no picture.  The design is stitched over one and over two and I am really enjoying it! 

1 comment:

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finish, congratulations