Thursday, July 05, 2012

Birds, Bunnies and a Blast of Winter

This one missed the "finished" list last time I posted.  It is "Precariously Perched" by Sheepish Designs.
.
It is stitched on 32 count Meltaway Gray linen with overdyed floss as charted.  The picture doesn't do it justice!

I also finished the stitching on "Bunnies in the Garden" by With My Needle.  I love how it turned out and I'm almost (but not quite) looking forward to putting it together. 
Ginger found a workable letter "M" for my initial on the needlebook - thanks Ginger! 

I also redesigned the needle page to meet my needs.  No need to stand on your head, I've flipped it over for you. 

This ornament is for an ornament kit exchange - so I get to keep it!  It was my first attempt sewing ric rac in the seam.

It turned out better than I expected!  It is "Just a Little Flaky" by Val's Stuff from the 2011 JCS Ornament Magazine.

Here is my progress on "Merry Christmas" by Madame la Fee. 
I am about half finished.  The rest should be easier - or more fun - than the trees and ribbon.  Bring on the skaters!

Finally enough to show, this is "Reindeer X-Mess" by AuryTM.
I love how quirky this design is - a hunk of Quaker at the bottom, a wisp of whimsy at the top and a little traditional toy train in the middle. 

No progress pictures of "Home Sweet Home" by La-D-Da.  I am making slow progress.  I don't have as much time to stitch on the job during the busy summer months.

I am watching my WIP pile slowly dissolve.  The key word is slowly!  I'm hoping it won't be long until it's time to stash dive in Diane.  The last time I started something new it was February, and that feels like a long, long time ago.

4 comments:

barbara said...

Beautiful progress, Chelle!

Sharon said...

Chelle, your projects look wonderful. I love Merry Christmas (fabulous) and the freebie finish! Your ornament is great too-an area in which I am failing miserably at completing!

Anna van Schurman said...

I was going to say that I hadn't had a new start since January but then I realized I started the annual anniversary present Friday. How quickly we forget! Great finishes! Don't be a stranger...

Karoline said...

You've some great finishes, congratulations