Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Marching On

Time is marching on.  I really don't know where February went.  I was sick most of the month.  I do feel better now but my voice is still not 100%.  That's not the best thing when you talk on the phone for a living!

The "main event" in February was Mom's birthday celebration.  We managed to surprise her, not an easy feat to pull off.  Anna made her a beautiful cake.  We missed Steve, but our hearts were with him and his family.  Joy and I had a great time traveling together.  Big thanks to Tim and his family for all they did to make the weekend a success!

I've been rummaging around in my stitching basket, trying to figure out what I've accomplished, if anything.  I have pictures to share.  Warning - not a thing has been ironed...

On the 18th I mentioned that I wanted to get a little more done on the Olde Willow project.  Mission accomplished! 
Joy fell in love with the fabric.  If you have a source for September Star linen. please let me know.  It is 28 count, dyed by Lakeside Linen a long time ago.

I finished the first Petite Exemplary by E&E&F.  I am stitching all four designs together, so while it does count as a finish (by my twisted reckoning) the project itself is not finished. 
The chart calls for stitching your initials in the upper corners, but no alphabet is included with the design and frankly my initials did not lend themselves to the space provided.  I decided to skip the initials and repeat some of the motifs.

Things are busy at work and that means more stitching time.  I finished the sugarplum at the heel of the stocking.
Tomorrow I will start the sugarplum at the toe.  I like the idea of leaving the cuff for last - it should be simple to count and easy to complete.

My current project is from CJC Day 1, Lizzie Kate "Don't Get Your Tinsel in a Tangle."  Not much progress yet but it is nice to see a few more colors emerge.
My stitching is about to take a back seat while I focus on two guild projects.  I need to frame one of my stitching finishes for the President's Challenge.  The challenge is in April.  The good news is that I have the frame.  Thus ends the good news.  Honestly I just need to knuckle down and get it together.  Framing is not my favorite thing.

The guild UFO challenge ends in May.  I need to finish a quilt I started in the 80's.  I have some hand quilting left to do and the binding.  I keep looking at it, but looking never leads to quilting.  Funny how that works.  One more project that needs knuckles. 

Many thanks to everyone still checking in here at Toadlilyville.  I am kind of afraid to open my blog reader, it has been so long.  I really want to come see what you are stitching...and maybe take a peek at market purchases.

Lastly I want to say my thoughts are with Lisa Roswell's family.  May you find the peace that passes understanding.

3 comments:

Katrina said...

Cute projects!!! Glad you are feeling better, hope you are 100% by now.

barbara said...

Fun projects! :D :D

Karoline said...

Lovely projects, great progress